Storybook Favorites

In this blog post, I will be discussing my three favorite storybook post's from the list given to us. The first storybook that caught my attention was Odysseus Goes Home by Stephanie Wynn. This storybook puts a modern spin on the classic Greek tale of Odysseus and his adventures. In this story, Odysseus' goal is to retrieve the items on his grocery list, given to him by his wife. After reading the introduction I was definitely intrigued to read more and found the overall layout of the storybook easy to navigate.
Image from Odysseus Goes Home

The second blog that I found interesting was the Heroes Revealed storybook. This was less intuitive than the last story but what I enjoyed was how the blog started with a very simple look and slowly transitioned into a more complex visual. The idea behind this blog is that you are a fallen hero who has reached the underworld. It provides a humorous implication too as it becomes evident that you are unsure what you did while you were alive to earn the status of a hero in the underworld. I say that this is less intuitive because where the other one made it very evident that Sam were grocery shopping, this one comes across as a tour where you figure everything out as you go. Despite this, I really enjoyed it.

Lastly, I chose A Dog's Adventures by Callie Traver. In this storybook, you follow a dog by the name of Bentley as he travels the world, meets new dogs, and learns new things. Out of the storybooks I came across, this one was my favorite because of its simple and friendly premise as well as inviting presentation/format. The introduction was also very intriguing as it detailed where Bentley wanted to go and how he prepared for his journey.  This was a very well written story that takes you along with Bentley as he travels to Mexico, France, and Italy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 7 Story: The Antidote